I would not consider myself obsessively superstitious, but I do have some superstitions especially when it comes to trying to avoid something bad from happening. We all know how horrible my last delivery went and so this time, I am trying to doing somethings differently during my pregnancy, hoping that we do not have a similar experience.
1. I didn't prepare a nursery
2. I didn't buy anything new for the baby.
3. I had a name picked out and announced.
4. I did NOT announce my pregnancy on Facebook.
5. I delivered at Butler Memorial Hospital.
6. I was negative and complained often about pain and discomfort.
With Brady and This time:
1. I did/ will prepare a nursery.
2. I did/ am buying some new things for the baby.
3. I didn't/ don't have a name picked out OR announced.
4. I did/ am announcing my pregnancy on FB and posting pictures and updates.
5. I did/ will be delivering at Reading Hospital.
6. I was/ am positive and keep the complaining to a minimum. The discomfort was/ is minimal.
Whether these differences will make a difference or not, I feel better about not repeating what I did last time. Unfortunately I have been "ruined" after delivering Jordan. I know that life is not guaranteed, so I have a stiff guard up even though I can feel the excitement and ignorance popping through once again.
Being pregnant and expecting a child is an exciting and life-changing experience, no matter how many times you have been through it. I continue to pray that this upcoming life-changing event will end up making us feel overwhelmed with happiness and joy. I have already been down the shock and extreme disappointment road and am hoping a person only ever has to experience that at most, one time.