Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Greedy for Sleep


Welp, I have yet to get a full nights sleep since I bragged about the ONLY night of uninterrupted sleep on Facebook about three months ago.  Any who, thats what babies do.  They get us all excited and hopeful after that first night of uninterrupted sleep and then they don't do it again until, well, who knows...?  By now however, my body is used to getting up at 1:30 AM and again at 5 AM just to be woken by the alarm clock at 6:30 AM.   I look forward to nap time when I hope to get some shut eye for 30 minutes and if that doesn't work out, a second cup of coffee.  Needless to say, I wouldn't mind a full nights sleep.  BUT, I know this phase wont last forever and I don't mind riding it out.

Although sleep would be nice, I am thankful for my healthy, baby boy!  After all, sleepless nights with a baby were what I longed for after Jordan passed.  What I wouldn't have given to wake up with a baby in the middle of the night.  There are many times when I get overwhelmed with the chaos in my life, but I am quickly reminded of how fortunate I am to have the chaos of two children because I know the flip side.  I know the pain of loss and the emptiness it brings.

I will have the rest of my life to catch up on sleep, so for now I will suck it up and enjoy holding Collin and rocking him as I feed him in the wee hours of the night.   I am blessed to have these two boys in my life!  I can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring. :)

An Update:
Collin
Collin will be 6 months old this weekend.  He is ready to crawl, but cant quite figure out how to move. He has the crawling stance down, but rocking is all he is able to do.  He just started sitting.  I have to sit behind him for now because he tends to throw himself backwards.   He is eating "solid" foods and doing well.  He is super happy and is always smiling and watching Brady.  

Brady
Brady started preschool and likes it a lot.  We just went on his first field trip to Weavers Orchard.  He got to pick an apple and try some apple cider.  We had Brady's annual doctors visit at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.  He is seen by the cranial-facial team once per year.  Eyes, ears, teeth, speech, and ENT are ALL perfect.  They don't have any concerns about him at this time.  They are however, going to do a jaw surgery on him when he turns five. This will help with some of the facial asymmetry and his crooked jaw.  My dad has agreed to do all of his follow up orthodontics, which will be nice!!  Its great having a dentist in the family!


No comments:

Post a Comment