Monday, January 20, 2014

Consignment Downer



The Faithful Friends Consignment sale is in our near future (March 14 and 15).  I was approached about joining this wonderful organization of ladies and agreed to join the group.  I volunteered to take on the organizational part of the sale.  I LOVE to organize!!  Since I am now part of this mission, I also signed up to be a consignor.  Collin is 9 months old now, so all the newborn to 6 month baby items are now tagged and hanging in all available closet space that I have.

Putting the clothing on hangers and pricing them has been exciting yet a bit depressing.  My baby is growing up and we are not expecting any more babies in our future.  I find myself questioning whether I really am done having babies.  I was never one of those people who enjoyed being pregnant, but it is easy to forget how long and hard those 9 months can be. It would be ideal to have another child without having to be pregnant :)  After all, I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight and fitting into all my regular clothing, what a glorious feeling!!!

Truthfully, I would LOVE to adopt a child at some point in my life.  I have ALWAYS wanted to do this and Chad and I have contemplated this idea several times.  Each time, we got pregnant instead.  For now, these two boys are keeping me very busy and I am sincerely happy with the family God has given me.  I can't help however, the feeling of emptiness, knowing that I should have three boys.

As for the boys, Collin is 9 months and keeping me busy!  Crawling, climbing steps, clapping, getting teeth, doing raspberries and saying da-da.  His foods have increased to beans, ham, cheese, crackers, hummus, and peaches.  He is so much fun and an absolute joy!

Brady continues to enjoy school.  We are working on identifying letters and writing his name.  He has become really good at playing the Wii and Temple Runner.  He and Chad enjoy competing against each other.  Most of the time he is a good helper and good with Collin, although there is always room for improvement.



Consignment Sale details:

When: March 14th and 15th 2014
Where: West Lawn United Methodist Church (community Center)
Needed: Consignors and Volunteers


No comments:

Post a Comment