Friday, March 30, 2012

Adoption or biological?

Ever since I was a teenager, I have always wanted to adopt a child.   Since having Jordan, I am fearful that a similar situation will happen to us in the future.  Do I want to chance getting hurt so badly again? Life is an uncertain thing and only God knows what our future will hold.  Therefore, I have begun praying and asking God to send me a sign.  A sign that would lead me to choose adoption or pregnancy in our future.

My morning routine consists of watching GMA until 9:00 followed by Live with Kelly from 9-10.  During that time I will listen to the programs, eat breakfast, have my coffee, and tend to Brady's needs.  Just the other day, I decided to put PBS on for Brady instead.   He sat and watched The Cat in the Hat then Super Why came on. Brady lost interest, but I kept it on anyway.  Brady and I played with his train while this cartoon continued playing.

If you have ever watched Super Why, you know that they have several "words of the day" that are discussed.   During this particular program, one of the words was: ADOPT.

(Below is the summary of the episode from that day: I found it online)    

scene from episode
Ain't Nothin' but a Pound Dog, part 2

When Martha's family comes to take her home, she decides she can't leave her shelter friends behind. Adopting that many dogs is out of the question, so Martha, Helen, and T.D. cook up a plan to find families for the pound pooches. (2nd of two parts)

Vocabulary

(E) adopt, affection, devoted, embrace, loyal
(I) adore, belong, care, dream, hope



As the word of the day, ADOPT, came on the screen, I stopped in my tracks and wondered if this was my sign.  Could it be?  Nah, it is just a coincidence.  I thought to myself, if a butterfly appears soon, I will know it truly is a sign.   I kid you not, about 20 seconds later the following advertisement appeared.   This time I was quick with the remote control to pause the screen for proof.

There you have it.  My sign.  So now what?  Well, now we wait until we are ready emotionally to take action.  Chad and I still need to do some major talking about this topic and I need to continue to pray about it.   Whether we have biological children or adopted children, I am hopeful that our family will grow.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That is crazy and definitely a sign! I'm happy for you, hope you are doing well. I think about you guys everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Steph! We are moving back to the area and Chad will be working out of Harrisburg. We should get the boys together for a play date sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so exciting!! Definitely Connor would love another boy to play with!!

    ReplyDelete