Thursday, June 13, 2013

Two Months with Collin

When I initially started this blog, it was an outlet for me to write about my feeling after the loss of Jordan.   It was a great way for me to express my true feeling throughout my grief process.  I don't think I will ever be able to say that I am "over" the grief process, but my blog has definitely taken a different turn.  As I continue to think about Jordan and what should have been, I have now entered a new chapter in my life; the mother of THREE boys.

Having TWO living children has been quite an adjustment.  It was only last week when I felt confident enough to take the boys out to Target by myself.  It went well until the very end when Brady threw a fit...in the car. Thank goodness he waited until we got to the car.  Growing up, I never wanted to be "that mom" who couldn't control her kids in public.   Well, now I know that it has NOTHING to do with the parents.  It doesn't matter how good of a parent you are, you WILL encounter a "scene" with your kids in public at some point.

Collin is doing well.  He just had his 2 month check up this week and the doctor was impressed with his growth, weighing in at 13 lbs 14 oz.  He is in the 90th percentile for weight and the 50th percentile for both length and head circumference.  He got 3 shots and one oral vaccination.  He was in pain the rest of the day.  He continues to be fussy during the times he is awake during the day, but sleeps well at night.

On a Jordan note, I was hoping that the birth of Collin would somehow tie into Jordan in some way.  I was hopeful for a rainbow or a butterfly appearance on the day Collin was born, but nothing like that happened.  It was a few days later that my mother-in-law pointed out a significant number correlation.  Each one of our birth days equals 16, the day Jordan was born:
Chad-    1
Allison- 4
Brady-   5
Collin-   6

Pretty Cool!!





No comments:

Post a Comment