Sunday, January 15, 2012

About Brady

Brady is my 18 month old ball of joy.  He was born on 7/5/10 after a normal pregnancy and delivery.  We are so blessed to have him in our lives.  It wasn't an easy road to get pregnant the first time, but we were so incredibly lucky to have finally had him.

Currently, he is continually picking up new words.  He is FINALLY saying mommy!!  He has been saying dada for months now.  He surprises me everyday with what he is learning.  Today, Chad told him "No" for throwing something and he put himself in timeout.   He is quite the athlete too.  For an 18 month old, he can throw a mean ball and make a good basket.  He is obsessed with electronics so we have to hind our cell phones and remote controls.

He enjoys going to the gym with me.  I run laps around the gymnasium, while he tries to dribble a regulation size basketball.  He has a few close friends his age that we get together with often.

Little does he know, but he has been our saving grace since the loss of Jordan.  He has helped us heal and pushed us to continue our lives.  He was able to pick up on my sadness when I got home from the hospital.  I seemed distant and would cry often.  When Brady noticed me doing this, he would also get upset.  I have learned to live in the moment with Brady as he keeps me smiling and laughing. I now save the crying for the times he sleeps.  I am thankful for him each day and hold him tighter than ever before.

No comments:

Post a Comment